ADDRESS AND CONTACT INFORMATION

Hermano Wayne Allen Jenson and Hermana Dorleen Burns Jenson
La Posada Familiar
Cra. 10 No. 8 - 55
San Gil Santander
Colombia
S.A.

Email them at dorleen59@gmail.com !!!

Friday, November 7, 2008

(You can click on the picture to enlarge it.)

Thought you might like to see the Bogota Temple site. This is a google shot, the top left pin is
the little panaderia where we ate lunch and breakfast a few times when we were in Bogota for Conference. There is an earlier picture on the blog of me standing by a bicylce, that is where I was standing. The second pin is where we stayed in the temple housing. The pink dot is, of course, the Bogota Temple. We left the grounds to the right, went to where the next yellow pin is, and then hoped we could cross that very busy Autopisto Norte. We walked along the grass strip to the next pin, then crossed the awesome bridge over the highway and walked right into McDonald's parking lot at the last pin on the right. Wow! A real taste of home!
San Gil does not have the resolution that Bogota has, but you might enjoy going to Google-earth and seeing the relative location. Bucaramanga, to the north, is the other city that we frequent. It is about the same size as Salt Lake City. You can go to the label column and turn "points of interest, volcanoes, etc. to see more of the area. I had fun typing in McDonald's Bogota, and there were a jillion of them. All little blue dots along the way.

2 comments:

Aileen & Ernie said...

Thanks for the Blog - Ernie and I check it every day. Would love a quick note on Google when you have 30 seconds. Have sent a few emails through there, just hope you have received them. All well Down Under. Love to you both. A & E.

Jeremy said...

I stumbled across your blog in a google search result and I could not resist commenting.

I served in the Bogota North Mission from 1994-1996, when they were just starting construction on the temple. I served in the town of Socorro for a couple of months which is near San Gil. My companion was the branch president and my first Sunday there we had only 1 person come to church, which we held in our apartment. I have fond memories of P-Day's in San Gil with our district leader and his companion.

I recently started my own blog in spanish in hopes of reconnecting with some members in Bucaramanga and Bogota. Finding your blog, seeing the pictures, and reading what you have shared makes me wish the internet was accessible back then to document the amazing 2 years of my life in real time as you are doing.

Keep up the great work!

You can also send things to the mission office address

Hermano Wayne Allen Jenson and Hermana Dorleen Burns Jenson
Colombia Bogota North Mission
Calle 72 # 10-07 Oficina 1001
Edificio Segurus Colmena
Bogota Disrito Capital
Colombia