This was just us in front of the temple. It was so peaceful and serene there. Everyone became like family, the staff: security, grounds, temple workers, food services, and housing. How our world has expanded.
I just simply love this picture. Doesn't it look like it belongs on the front of an Ensign?
These are just a few of my favorite pictures of the Bogota temple. This was taken from a park across the street from the main entrance.
This was so cool when this plane went over, it was so bright I couldn't see if I had the plane in the picture or not, so I just kind of guessed where it was. I cropped this, it had a lot of sky, but don't you think the softness and the loftiness of it is cool, plus the flag of Colombia, and the Angel Moroni.
Now, here are some pictures of the trip:
We rode to the Alhambra Ward to listen to conference, Wayne and Elder Chapman got to share the back of Temple President Dahl's SUV-type car. I volunteered, but was out-voted, something to do with "acting like a lady", whatever that means
President Lozano cooking up a storm for us - actually it's a great juice called lulo (loo-low), I really can't say I know how to spell it, but it is delicious.
This family came some distance to talk with someone to ask if they could please have missionaries in their town. So sweet and sincere. Through the gate they asked if the President (of the mission) was there, and were visibly so disappointed when they learned he was not there, the man said "Hello, Elders", as if it were a privilege to speak to them, and when the security guard told them that they could watch conference at the church about a 1/2 hour walk away, they immediately took off. I ran to stop them for this picture, and while I was doing that, Elder Jenson and Elder Chapman gave them money for a taxi to the conference and then some. What a neat encounter, I hope they get their wish.
I'm thinking of getting me some new wheels here, but then maybe not. This was in front of the little Panaderia where we ate a few meals while at the temple in Bogota. It was just around a couple of corners, and dad left some scalp above the stairs. Sister Chapman fell down the last couple of stairs, they were wet and very narrow. Both recovered nicely.
This is on the balcony of Pres. Lozano's house outside of Bogota. We had a lovely lunch and watched the second session of Conference at their home with them. Chapmans and us in the living room watching English, and he and his wife in the upstairs watching in Spanish. A wonderful day.
1 comment:
Those are great pictures. What a beautiful temple.
Post a Comment