This is Juan Carlos, their immediate contact at SENA. Grandma says they have played tennis several times with him and his friend Camilo who also teaches English at SENA.
She says:
Juan Carlos is a great guy, studied English in England. I have since met a lady who is willing to play tennis with me - one of these days I will get lucky and beat her. We play at 6 in the morning when we can.
I don't think I will ever feel good about eating the foot/hand that feeds me. Actually Esperanza didn't eat it either! but it was a part of the soup.
Esperanza and her dad, Carlos, demonstrating the proper use and wearing of a machete:
We got to know her dad when he stayed here for a couple of weeks or more. What a great guy he is. I think he is 84, and is in wonderful health. A very wise, knowledgeable, and hard-working guy. He has been a shoemaker all his life, and he has a wonderful work ethic. We had many long talks about natural medicines his mother used, his responsibility to write all of this down, and to tell his family history. We shared many of the same philosophies of family value. What a guy.
I wish you could all meet Senora Leonor! She is absolutely the sweetest little lady, and is 85 years old. She makes only pants, and does a wonderful job. I really think she had a great time measuring Wayne for his pants. She has become a delightful friend, just lives a few doors down from the church, so we pass her house almost every day. Sometimes I just drop in with a treat to say hi, she loves the Orville Reden.... popcorn. She is the one that gave me a couple of flowers for the patio. That smile she has is just worth stopping by her house to see! Some people are just so easy to love!
The Gringo Grande! Jose Luis, next to him and Elder Baque on the end.
When we went to Bogota for Conference, we were able to spend a few minutes with Elder Baque. It looks like the cambio from San Gil to Bogota was good for him, he seemed very happy as a zone leader. WE do miss him though. Jose Luis was the 2nd Counselor in the Branch Presidency, he was moved to Secretary, when Wayne was put in as 2nd Counselor. He is a good guy too...
Hope you enjoyed meeting some of our friends!
1 comment:
Dan is sure that Dorleen is jealous of the lady with the machete. He bets she will bring one home with her for "yard work."
Post a Comment