It all started out innocent enough. Our landlord, Angel, had come to collect the rent. I wanted to show him that the doorknob on the bedroom door wasn't functioning. You could turn the knob, but the lock didn't move. I showed him, and then in very excellent Spanish explained that my concern was that if the door were to shut all the way, it would lock and we couldn't get it opened. He looked at the knob, turned it from the inside of the door. . . hmmmmm the
lock didn't move, then he reached around to the outside knob and turned it. Sure enough, the lock did not even wiggle! He then proceeded to shut the door as I said, "No, ten cuidado!", (be careful!) sure enough, he shut the door tight. When he turned the knob, he got a real funny look on his face. Yep, we are locked in the bedroom! (Is this a violation of Mission Rules?)
Hellooooooo... Does this picture say "Ooooops!?"
After the proper Jenson sarcasm, like - "do you have a hard time listening to a woman" and "the next time a woma
n speaks, listen", I called to Wayne, who was sitting at the kitchen table, to bring me a chair. He asked, "Why?" My reply was (again in my very best Spanish, so that Angel was sure to hear and understand), "Because our landlord is an idiot!" All of course with a smile and in good fun.
You can see that the chair has arrived as the escape-aide. He is feeling more embarrassed. "Disculpeme", has been expressed at least 4 times.
Of course it was now time for my Gringo Grande to (literally) "step in" and come to the rescue. Angel was amazed that Wayne simply stepped through the window to get into the bedroom!
Mission Accomplished! . . . and a return to the original scene of the crime!
As you can see we all had a great time with this little episode. For those of you who have asked, What is your "typical day", I don't think we have "typical days"!!!!!
Thanks for visiting! (I do have lots of nice missionary experiences to post, but had to get this out of my system.)
3 comments:
Gracias, Hermanos Jensen,
Your blog is so fun to read.
Thank you, Hermana Dorleen, for your phone call. It was an unexpected surprise. I am still trying to contact Lorna, hopefully you have had better luck.
God bless you both! Linda B.
Only you could get into a situation like that Dorleen!! As soon as Ernie saw it he said "well what did you expect from her". Will try and explain it all to Dad next time I am speaking to him. God Bless and Love you Guys. A & E.
HI! I noticed from Nickie's blog that you had one so I had to check it out. This post is so funny! I bet you are loving it there! It looks so beautiful!!
Post a Comment