ADDRESS AND CONTACT INFORMATION

Hermano Wayne Allen Jenson and Hermana Dorleen Burns Jenson
La Posada Familiar
Cra. 10 No. 8 - 55
San Gil Santander
Colombia
S.A.

Email them at dorleen59@gmail.com !!!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Let the Birthdays begin!

Miscellaneous - my lagartija, who buzzed by while I was at the computer the other day. He is about 2 1/2 inches long. I really like the little critters. Clicking gives a close-up





Then Bro. Avila and I are shown with the day of planting seeds, and watering in the back of the church.
I hope our little garden grows. This just shows Bro. Avila's pleasant nature.




We visited Carlito's school.




We started celebrating early with Edith, Esperanza's friend. Her birthday was the first of March.

This was before Feb. 28th, Esperanza's B-Day.


We took Esperanza to lunch
for her birthday
These are two of the cakes for the afternoon



Later at the Hotel, others celebrated.



And still a third postre! ENOUGH!



Tuesday at SENA, the students went to a great deal of trouble to have a surprise birthday party.
Here are just some miscellaneous fotos...At the far right is Carolina - her birthday too!


Gladys teaches the same group of kids we do at SENA. She helps with the business administration program and is great to work with. At the right is my very special friend Marcela, that lets me have the fun of being whipped by her in tennis.


This is Disnalda, she is studying English because she will be moving to the U.S. in the fall, her husband lives not too far from Amanda and Mike. I'm going to get his address just to see how close they really are. We gave the first lesson to her last Sunday. A very sad note is that tonight, I received a call telling me that her mother had been killed in an accident this morning. I have talked with her just briefly tonight, and will visit with her after we attend the funeral tomorrow. I feel so bad for her, with her husband away, and she dearly loves her family. When we were at her home, we met her mother, and I knew that her mom helped her with the kids so that she could attend the English class. I hope we will be of some comfort for her.
She is in our class at the church, and we met when we were paying our electric bill, and she overheard me talking with some people about teaching English. She is a wonderful person.


I had been very sick Sunday night and all day Monday. After SENA on Tuesdays, we have a district meeting for the missionaries, and Esperanza was worried because she couldn't get me on the phone. So she hopped a moto, and came to the house to see if I was ok. Neat friend.

She had lunch for us, and was relieved to find out I was up and around. I was still a little sick, but managed to get through a very long, tiring, but fun day.

ATTENTION DAN!!!! You were "spot on". How do you like my birthday present from Esperanza!!!!! I am one tough missionary now!


This cool purse is a carriel and is of cow hide with the hair on it. It is used by the paisos (?) (campesinos), and I have a short knife for everyday use from Jorge Andres, Esperanza's son. Another poncho may be in the wings. A belt and my machete at my side will make my garb complete! Oh, and a horse!

The red rose and red strawberry sundae from the missionaries Elder Ureta, and Elder Moen were great. A call from Elder Ordones was a fun surprise.

The day was topped off by more singing at the evening English class, a beautiful dozen roses from our branch president, and a very pretty bracelet from the two girls - Leidy and Juliana. All in all a great day!


...and of course the company of my best friend!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Far too many birthday cakes there Dorleen. The photos of your little Geckos are good, we have a small family of about 6 in our unit this year. I love them too. All well Down Under - Dad sends his love.

You can also send things to the mission office address

Hermano Wayne Allen Jenson and Hermana Dorleen Burns Jenson
Colombia Bogota North Mission
Calle 72 # 10-07 Oficina 1001
Edificio Segurus Colmena
Bogota Disrito Capital
Colombia