Angelica made this great RED purse for me. It is very unusual, I haven't seen this pattern. She and Pedro Nel went to the temple just a year ago in October, we have become very close to this family. Pedro Nel attended our English classes in Socorro.
This is part of our Relief Society (Sociedad de Socorro), Riley is next to Hma. Helda in the purple blouse, I am in the back left. It is fun to see all of these ladies - six others are off to the left.
I'm showing Riley the fine art of washing dishes with this green paste soap and a scrubber. We are in Esperanza's kitchen.
This is Riley fraternizing with the Guane, the indigenous group of the area. She has a better picture but it is on Esperanza's computer right now. I think she put it on Facebook.
Just a big Ceiba tree, I saw a lot of these in Mexico and Costa Rica, the Ceiba Bonga gives a loud sound when you strike the roots. It was used for communication for substancial distances, the guide said.
This Spanish Moss is so pretty, especially when you can get some light behind it.
Cute church in Guane
Juan Carlos and Riles with a very thorny and effective gate behind them. (Guane)
I love this little arched alley way to the next street, Riley dresses it up, don'tcha think?
I like these pictures because of the yard with the chickens, gravel, shovels, etc., and then over in the sand, a child's toy truck. Work and play - in the eyes of the beholder.
Heading for the airport on Tuesday morning. And Moroni welcoming a blue sky!

We really filled the taxi up. When we unloaded at the airport, I visited more with the driver, he showed me a picture of his pretty little granddaughter, and I talked about the church with him. We exchanged contact information, and the next day, the Elders contacted him and he invited them to come to lunch and teach. I am so excited to hear how it goes. I love sharing the gospel plan with others, and the joy it can bring to their lives.

Final moments.... thanks for coming, sorry you were sick, Janna, fun foto times, Riles

And they rode off into the sunset.....

This family we met at a fireside on the 13th, that Elder Moen and his companion had put together, President Hacking spoke, so we came along. It was a great meeting, and they invited over for dinner when we brought the kids back. She fixed a lovely mashed potatoes, gravy, roast, and wonderful salad dinner. What a fun night with them and their children.

On the way home, the bus jerked several times when the brakes were hit...like an emergency slam-on-the-brakes stop. Finally they stopped completely, and it was a team effort for about an hour to get us back on the road. The final destination for the bus is Cucata, north & on the Venezuelan border. That's why there are two drivers, it's probably another 10 or 12 hours from San Gil

The back-up driver was completely under the bus, and two of the passengers seemed to really know what they were doing, so I resisted offering any opinions. I don't know if the rods in their hands were replaced, extras, or deemed not necessary! I will not comment on the very bald tires. I won't comment either on the big gash on a certain bald head that we are all familiar with as it banged into the monitor as Wayne left the bus. I'm pretty sure he is at least 3 inches shorter than when we arrived in Colombia.
This is such a fun picture, our neighbor, the owner of the little green tienda just above his head, came over this morning as we were going in to teach our English class, and brought this box of JETS (chocolate candy bar). They have the pictures of the animals that I am collecting for the album they gave me. I am only missing 5 of 250 pictures. I don't know quite how to express how very special it was to have him do such a thoughtful thing. These are the people and experiences we will miss so much.
How wonderful it has been to share the warmth of the Colombian people we have met. We were very blessed to have been able to serve our whole mission here in San Gil.
We really filled the taxi up. When we unloaded at the airport, I visited more with the driver, he showed me a picture of his pretty little granddaughter, and I talked about the church with him. We exchanged contact information, and the next day, the Elders contacted him and he invited them to come to lunch and teach. I am so excited to hear how it goes. I love sharing the gospel plan with others, and the joy it can bring to their lives.
Final moments.... thanks for coming, sorry you were sick, Janna, fun foto times, Riles
And they rode off into the sunset.....
This family we met at a fireside on the 13th, that Elder Moen and his companion had put together, President Hacking spoke, so we came along. It was a great meeting, and they invited over for dinner when we brought the kids back. She fixed a lovely mashed potatoes, gravy, roast, and wonderful salad dinner. What a fun night with them and their children.
On the way home, the bus jerked several times when the brakes were hit...like an emergency slam-on-the-brakes stop. Finally they stopped completely, and it was a team effort for about an hour to get us back on the road. The final destination for the bus is Cucata, north & on the Venezuelan border. That's why there are two drivers, it's probably another 10 or 12 hours from San Gil
The back-up driver was completely under the bus, and two of the passengers seemed to really know what they were doing, so I resisted offering any opinions. I don't know if the rods in their hands were replaced, extras, or deemed not necessary! I will not comment on the very bald tires. I won't comment either on the big gash on a certain bald head that we are all familiar with as it banged into the monitor as Wayne left the bus. I'm pretty sure he is at least 3 inches shorter than when we arrived in Colombia.
This is such a fun picture, our neighbor, the owner of the little green tienda just above his head, came over this morning as we were going in to teach our English class, and brought this box of JETS (chocolate candy bar). They have the pictures of the animals that I am collecting for the album they gave me. I am only missing 5 of 250 pictures. I don't know quite how to express how very special it was to have him do such a thoughtful thing. These are the people and experiences we will miss so much.
Our time here is growing short, and I hope we will be able to share our testimony and strengthen others as we serve. It is such a privilege to work with the members and investigators here, in a great community. I know we will see much growth here in the future, and I appreciate the personal growth for us that has come from being here.
Thanks for stopping by!
Los Hermanos Jenson
2 comments:
Looks like so much fun...except for the sick part! Thanks for posting
That looks like a blast!! Some day we should go back to Colombia. I would love to see all the places you guys taught and went!! I can't believe how soon your home :) LOVE YOU!!
Post a Comment