ADDRESS AND CONTACT INFORMATION

Hermano Wayne Allen Jenson and Hermana Dorleen Burns Jenson
La Posada Familiar
Cra. 10 No. 8 - 55
San Gil Santander
Colombia
S.A.

Email them at dorleen59@gmail.com !!!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Pretty Good Thanksgiving After-all

About 11:30 a.m., Thanksgiving Day, this left-over cream of chicken soup was about to be my Thanksgiving Dinner.


Then Julio arrived with several boxes as a service project from a ward in Atlanta. Elder Seaton's mom and I had started putting this together a couple of months ago. Julio's wife is from Bogota, and when he heard what they were doing, he said that he would help us get the packages here because he is a pilot for American Airlines. Just what we needed!. Anyway he took his personal time to "deliver". Had some trouple with weather so couldn't leave Miami as scheduled, arrived in Bogota too late to make his connection to Bucaramanga, so spent about 6 hours in the B'ta airport waiting for the next flight to leave at about 6 a.m. Thanksgiving Day. He has just arrived at the house (from Bucaramanga, he had a 3 hour drive in a taxi to San Gil)
You will see that he is still in his pilot's uniform, I think his working flight was from Sao Paulo, Brazil, Then flew home to Atlanta, loaded our stuff, then to Miamia, etc. to here. His wife and daughter were spending Thanksgiving in Utah with her family (Bountiful, I think). He was very tired, so went to Esperanza's hotel for a "power nap". When we found out he was staying until Friday morning, we decided we would order our favorite chicken from El Scorpio (closest we could get to pavo (turkey). We ordered some more cream of chicken soup, cooked up some Granny Smith apples with cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar for dessert. We then invited the Elders and Juan Carlos to come. This is from Elder Seaton's home ward, and Julio had moved in just before E. Seaton left for his mission, so E. Seaton didn't
recocnize Julio.
Here I am asking Elder Seaton to ask Julio about where he lives, and Julio is getting E. Seaton's dad's camera out to take pictures for the folks back home!
"OK, now I get it!" Elder S. realizes who this guy (that looked a little familiar) was. Wayne is in the background being chief cook and bottlewasher while I have been so sick. His is discovering new cooking talents!!!!
The guys and our dinner. What a nice feeling was there. Julio shared many experiences with us, and his testimony with us. It was special to know that he had sacrificed his Thanksgiving with his family to do this service mission for the folks here in the Rama San Gil.





The elders pitched in to help.




We have four big boxes, I will show the distribution next week. What a great day. I just kind of sat back and watched, cuz I didn't have much energy, but it turned out to be a very memorable Thanksgiving Day.

No comments:

You can also send things to the mission office address

Hermano Wayne Allen Jenson and Hermana Dorleen Burns Jenson
Colombia Bogota North Mission
Calle 72 # 10-07 Oficina 1001
Edificio Segurus Colmena
Bogota Disrito Capital
Colombia