ADDRESS AND CONTACT INFORMATION

Hermano Wayne Allen Jenson and Hermana Dorleen Burns Jenson
La Posada Familiar
Cra. 10 No. 8 - 55
San Gil Santander
Colombia
S.A.

Email them at dorleen59@gmail.com !!!

Monday, May 11, 2009

TV Stars

This is outside the local TV station. Interestingly enough, these large dishes are the ones you can see from our patio when we lived in Villa Olympica. Our patio wall is the wall that is in the very back of the windows of the building.



This is Jairo, we had met him earlier when he wanted to take some English from us. He helped conduct the interview where he asked all kinds of questions about our mission, and the church. Then I became the local version of Julia Childs and explained how to make an American hamburger. This is to be telecast for students taking Lianel's English classes. It was just a ton of fun.
We cooked enough hamburgers for everyone at the station, and they all seemed to enjoy them. I'm sorry I don't have a picture of Wayne taking the first bite on TV, but I was "on camera".



Ooops! Jairo tried to be protect the surface, but the hotplate still got a little too hot and we toasted the top of the desk/table. You could scrape the brown off with your fingernails, so we removed as much evidence as we could. No, the water pitcher was NOT there to put out any fires from my cooking, it was for us to drink while we presented. Felt very official.

This is an example of the fun surprises that seem to come up out of nowhere. New people to talk to about the church, our mission, service, the works. When these guys are out chasing around on their motos, they honk and wave... part of the fun of San Gil! Our neighbors all said they saw us on TV. I think I can get an address that you can see the tape if you want. I will post it if I can find what it is.
Thanks for dropping in,
Los Hermanos Jenson

No comments:

You can also send things to the mission office address

Hermano Wayne Allen Jenson and Hermana Dorleen Burns Jenson
Colombia Bogota North Mission
Calle 72 # 10-07 Oficina 1001
Edificio Segurus Colmena
Bogota Disrito Capital
Colombia